Friday, November 16, 2012

Gameday Fashion

So, here in the South, we girls take fashion very seriously. Especially on game day! I have been to many football games all over, but of course my favorite is Lane Stadium watching the Virginia Tech Hokies! Living here in Blacksburg, game day is a tradition and a pretty big event. I love the energy and buzz that comes along with it.

What to wear on game day is a big deal. I have noticed that girls in the South take Football and tailgating seriously. Apparently here at VT we are a little more relaxed with our style. Compared to other schools where girls bust out their dresses and pearls. Not to leave the guys out, they represent as well. Most guys who go to the Hokie games wear t-shirts and shorts or jerseys. At some other schools, they guys are dressed to the nines. I am talking seersucker pants, bow ties, and a jacket. Pretty snazzy.

Since we are in the midst of college football season, I thought it would be fitting to talk about this topic. There are a few rules to follow:

·         You must wear your team colors. This is a must. You have to show what team you are for. It is acceptable to be dressed head to toe in your teams colors.

·         You can never have too much flair and accessories. There is no such thing as too much. It is ok to wear team earrings, necklace, scarf, belt, knee socks, leg warmers, head bands, etc.

·         It is important to bring a change of clothes. You must stay fresh! There are proper clothes for the tailgate and then the game. You can wear a skirt and sandals for the tailgate and change into jeans and a jacket for the game. It is good to have options. 

·         It is ok for girls to wear football jerseys, it is actually cute. It is also ok to cut up a t-shirt to make it more stylish. Cut out the neck to make it off the shoulder, cut up the sides, etc. Show your fashion sense with your team colors.

I thought I would show some pics of my game day style. Remember that I am older so I can’t wear some of the clothes the young girls can wear. I’m also posting some pics of other school styles. My personal favorites for game day fashion are a jersey or tank top and shorts or skirt in the warmer months. When it gets colder out, I go for the jeans tucked into the boots and a sweater with a scarf. That’s how we roll down her in the VA!

Check out our pinterest page. I have a board with various fashion styles for different schools.

Here are some pretty cool websites I found for game day help!













No comments:

Post a Comment