Sunday, April 7, 2013

Broken Makeup Magic


 

 

 

We have all had our favorite makeup fall off the shelf or bust in our makeup bag…and want to cry because that shade of blush or eye shadow doesn’t get made anymore. You think to yourself how can I save my “JUST TO DIE FOR TEAL” shadow? Well I broke my Bare Minerals (If you haven’t tried the new pressed powder DO!!! It’s so much less mess with awesome coverage) compact the other day and well to put it mildly I’m cheap and didn’t want to spend the money on a new one just yet.

 

Recently on Pinterest I have been seeing how easy it is to fix any broken compact/ shadow/ blush. So I decided I would give it a shot. First I broke down all the already broken pieces into a fine powder. I used the handle of my kabuki brush to do this. Then I added a few drops of alcohol, be sure not to add too much or it will become runny and messy in the next step. I used alcohol because it evaporates and leaves the compact clean where water could produce fungus, causing breakouts. Next I covered the compact with plastic and pressed down with a quarter to flatten and compact the powder back down.

 

Tada! Now I can carry it my makeup bag again without making a mess and I saved myself from having to pick up a new compact!!

No comments:

Post a Comment